Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Every Day Beauties

I love to garden (despite the fact that I have been shamefully remiss in my current garden where I have lived for more than 2 years already).  I love all flowers and vegetables and growing things and the wildlife they bring:  bugs, butterflies, and hummingbirds.  My lush, showy roses and bougainvillea make my heart sing every time I look at them.

Some of my favorites, though, are quiet beauties that most passersby might not even notice.

Waiting for Me to Come Along
Most of my neighbors view obedient plant as a weed.
Angelle Was Here


















This insignificant perennial lies on the ground waiting for me to come along.  When I do, I always touch the leaves.  They  obediently fold up.  How fun is that?






Spanish moss is very common;  but could never be mundane.  It has a gossamer beauty all its own.  I usually see it in live oaks or cypress trees, but here it is growing  right on my crape myrtles.

Soon I hope to start my gardening in earnest.  Really, where I live it's hard not to have a garden.  If something gets stuck in the ground, it pretty much grows like crazy.








One of my neighbors with a sense of humor got a garden upgrade when she recently redid the bathroom.



Now that's something you don't see every day.



























































































1 comment:

  1. I love gardens but kill most plants so I do my best to stay away. Seems your neighbor has a sense of humor. I love the bathroom pic...innovative.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it. What's on your mind?